07 September 2010

Vinegar Hill

Found myself with some unexpected time off the other day so I crossed the river into Dumbo and ventured into a quaint section called Vinegar Hill, where I remembered I was carrying a camera and so emerged with the following...


Dumbo from the Brooklyn Bridge. DUMBO is an acronym for "Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass" and as far as I can tell has little to do with flying elephants.


A quiet street on Vinegar Hill.


The Commandant's House overlooking the Brooklyn Navy Yard. This was about as close as I could get to it without having bloodthirsty hellhounds unleashed on me.


A storefront on Vinegar Hill.


Manhattan Bridge as seen from the Brooklyn Bridge walkway.


Brooklyn Heights and suspension cables.


2 comments:

Ginger Ingenue said...

I wish I could go photographing beneath New York bridges.

Nice photos.

And interesting; never heard of 'DUMBO'.

Ha. My word verification is 'mention'. Just thought I'd mention it. ;)

...

Ah, I misspelled it! Now it's 'feredirm'. :(

Rob Hill said...

Thanks.

Word verification is a pain. But I suppose you can put a positive spin on it by treating like a fortune cookie. "Feredirm" is your clue for the day.