31 May 2006

Squeegee

Not a lot of activity, city-wise. Mostly just walking around locating the groceries and laundromats. Walked all up & down Amsterdam & Broadway looking for a squeegee on a stick - you know, where the soap is stored in the handle. Finally found the last one at a pintsized market on 125th Street. I'm incapable of washing dishes without a squeegee on a stick, so a heavy sigh of relief was breathed.

Having visited New York often in the past, I'm not really feeling the frenzied need to find out what's around every corner and above every subway stop, the way I did when I first moved to Boston. It's more of a relaxed Arthur Fonzarelli feeling. "Hey, I live here now, no hurry."

I do have my NYPL library card already, let it be known. I've got my priorities on straight. I've already ordered a box set of the Bonzo Dog Band & plan on heading midtown tomorrow to pick that up & give this library system the onceover.


No comments: