21 October 2010

The Authors

The Rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen authors (poets included) who have always influenced you and will always stick with you. List the first 15 you can recall in no more than 15 minutes, and they don't have to be listed in order of relevance to you.

Alright fine. (Like I don't have better things to do... grumble... gripe...)

In chronological order:

Carl Barks
Margaret Sutton
Robert Arthur
Arthur Conan Doyle
Dashiell Hammett
Raymond Chandler
Jack Kerouac
Henry Miller
Ernest Hemingway
Franz Kafka
James Joyce
Thomas Pynchon
Fyodor Dostoevsky
Louis-Ferdinand Celine
David Foster Wallace


1 comment:

Ginger Ingenue said...

Okay, let's see...

Henry Miller -- my hero!

Harpo Marx -- I haven't even read his book yet! But he just came to mind, thanks to A) He and Henry Miller have the same initials, and B) you mentioned him the other day on my blog. I actually have his book right here beside me, but am reading one of Groucho's first: saving the best for last. ;)

Flannery O'Connor -- A Good Man Is Hard To Find is still the best short story I've ever read.

J. M. Barrie -- I love Peter Pan.

Lewis Carroll -- Neverland makes me think of Wonderland! I've been a Carroll fan my whole life, while I only came to Barrie a few years ago.

How many is that now? Five??

Let's see...

Frank McCourt
Dr. Seuss
James Joyce
Robert Frost
Dorothy Parker
Dostoevsky -- I have no idea how to spell that!
Patrick Hamilton

I'm so tempted to go look at my blogger profile...I have a bunch of people listed, and right now, I'm drawing a blank.

Let's see; just three more...

Mark Twain
Shakespeare
and Edgar Allan Poe!